Sisal Carpet at Floor Coverings International in Avon Lake, OH
Earth-Friendly, Natural, and Unique.
Sisal carpet is growing in popularity in the greater Westlake, Ohio area because of its natural and rustic look and its earth-friendliness. The carpets are made from the fibers of a cactus-like plant called Agave sisalana, native to southern Mexico but now mainly produced in Brazil.
Once the leaves are cut, the fibers are extracted. These fibers are cut, dried, and treated to produce a twine-like fiber that can then be woven into rugs. There are many possibilities in terms of the weave pattern so you can be sure that you will find an option that fits your needs.
Just like hemp and coir, sisal provides durability that most manmade materials can’t match. Because of its unique weave pattern, sisal doesn’t show the wear patterns common in typical plush wall-to-wall carpeting.
Other benefits of sisal carpet:
- It’s naturally stain-resistant, so it doesn’t require any chemical treatments that may be harmful to children and pets.
- It repels dust and static electricity.
- It absorbs sound – making it an ideal option for bedrooms with light sleepers.
- It’s naturally flame-resistant.
- It can be woven with other natural fibers such as wool or sea grass for increased durability.
However, you should also consider that:
- Sisal does not do well with moisture and should be avoided in a mudroom or bathroom.
- It may feel rough underfoot compared to traditional carpet materials, so it may not be best to sit or lie on for prolonged periods.
- Can be prone to color-fading especially with prolonged exposure to the sun.
Let the experts at Floor Coverings International Cleveland West help you find a sisal carpet that’s just right for you and your home. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home consultation. We proudly serve the greater Westlake, Avon Lake, & Avon, OH areas.
Schedule A Free Design Appointment
Book a free, on-site appointment with a flooring expert in Avon Lake, OH.